
I got this from Bioneers Nonprofit. Six happiness habits worth cultivating. (http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/pdfs/happycircle-ggsc.pdf )
These all stimulate the creation of positive affect, which is consistently being shown not to be a cognitive event (the reflection on one's life), but rather, an experience of the nervous system's regulation. A peaceful nervous system itself affects the view through which we then reflect on the degree of fulfilment and other forms of happiness. (per Alan Schore).
I'm finding this to be a crucial point - that it is in the reallignment of the felt-sense and feeling functions (analytical psych), that we see the nervous system's self-regulation, and therefore, affect regulation, grow and stabilise into an aware embodied consciousness. All the reflections I have on my life are coloured by this, and all my ability to relate to others is also coloured by this. As e.e. cummings so deftly puts it, "since feeling is first".
http://www.thepresentparticiple.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment