Thursday, April 17, 2008

More from Diane...

Diane Musho Hamilton Sensei’s interview with the Buddhist Geeks is on heavy rotation the last 24 hours. After my rant on how I felt some of Deida’s talk of ‘sexual essence’ didn’t match-up with my experience with the sheer groundlessness of our circumstance and the correspondent intentional enactment of manifestation, I thought Diane’s comments below were a cute synchronicity.

“You know, Trungpa said something to me, well not to me personally but in his teaching, that I remember and that stuck with me… he was always pointing out the basic groundlessness of our situation. How we’re always relating to reference points to secure our sense of self, and our sense of identity and our sense of safety in the world, but that if you really look at the situation clearly actually there nothing really holding us up. He took us always right into that place, and he said: “even the dharma will not sustain you in moments. There’ll be moments where you’re in absolute and utter freefall”, and that’s in some ways, exactly how my life felt”.

No comments: