"I had such a strong reciprocity with those teachings, with that framework, with that worldview, that I just immediately started teaching with and for I-I at the time. I some ways I consider myself a student of Ken's. If Roshi has developed the Big Mind to give people an experience of that which is beyond ordinary conceptions of self – which is unnameable, ungraspable, but durable – Ken's done the same thing theoretically. Which is a kind of interesting thing, they've both created their own Big mind processes. Roshi's is experiential and immediate and Ken's is conceptual, and he's basically asking you, or inviting you, or encouraging, or sometimes demanding, if you're being intellectually lazy, that you keep expanding your perspective – that you keep turning your experience of reality: your experience of self, your experience of other, what's objective, what's subjective, and that you discover yourself as a perspective taking being, and that enlightenment itself is always realised through the life and experience of a human being, and so, Ken would say that enlightenment itself takes on a perspective".Thursday, April 17, 2008
Diane Musho Hamilton Sensei on buddhistgeeks.com
"I had such a strong reciprocity with those teachings, with that framework, with that worldview, that I just immediately started teaching with and for I-I at the time. I some ways I consider myself a student of Ken's. If Roshi has developed the Big Mind to give people an experience of that which is beyond ordinary conceptions of self – which is unnameable, ungraspable, but durable – Ken's done the same thing theoretically. Which is a kind of interesting thing, they've both created their own Big mind processes. Roshi's is experiential and immediate and Ken's is conceptual, and he's basically asking you, or inviting you, or encouraging, or sometimes demanding, if you're being intellectually lazy, that you keep expanding your perspective – that you keep turning your experience of reality: your experience of self, your experience of other, what's objective, what's subjective, and that you discover yourself as a perspective taking being, and that enlightenment itself is always realised through the life and experience of a human being, and so, Ken would say that enlightenment itself takes on a perspective".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment