
I happened upon Ida Rolf's seminal book at a recent Rolfing and Structural Integration session, and remembered reading through it at a Berkeley house-sit I'd been to years before when travelling to the US for the first Integral Theory in Academia Conference. It was quite a coincidence - it turned out that the woman who owned the house was a friend of my Rolfer and that he'd also been to her house around the time I'd visited. yet another uncanny series of close connections from across the pond.
Finding the book prompted me to remember a quote I'd posted from the book at the time. I couldn't remember the content of the quote other than it felt wisely prophetic at the time. I was truly pleased when I finally got around to it and came across this former post! How utterly spot on has this point been for me the last two years of seeking Rolfing treatment. I have been chronicling the shift in my body in my journals for some time - noting the ways this marvel of an incarnation grows, changes, heals, develops, and so intimately with/as subjective experience. The move to adulthood has been a long and difficult one (as I breathed to my analyst yesterday: "Growing up is just so fucking hard, huh?!"). This treatment has done so very much for me - things I'll be forever thankful for. Check out Colin Rossie if you're in need of body work in Sydney. He's solid gold.
http://www.thepresentparticiple.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment