Whilst I am living, I may speak; when I am dead, I have no voice.
Having lost my tongue, there is only ink to bear witness for me;
having lost my flesh, it is in another's heart that I am reborn.
Bear with me, then, as you bear me within you; love me as love is beloved, desired and sought in this old world of much deceit.
There is no place in which I cannot be found, if only you will open your eyes to the emptiness of ordinary things; try and touch me, and the world changes, and I am gone. For I have no intrinsic self, no point of view, no resting place or massed particulars.
At the end of myself is where the answer waits, and between you and me is the gate, and the egress;
I stand between the end of this age, and revelation.
This is what it means to go naked before your maker;
undress the mind of its jealous pride and become the child of delight.
- Charlotte Appleton
RT@TrishNowland
No comments:
Post a Comment