Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Who Am I? Koan

I’ve been working this week with the simple “Who Am I?” koan. Lots and lots of thinking, concepts, ideas, strategies, illusions, lies, aspirations, projections, fears, introjections, stresses, acts, masks, stories, narratives, connections, social expectations, hopes, shadows, disgraces, disgusts, denial, disrespect, inflation, pains, wishes, unmet fantasies, poor decisions, circumstantial karmas……

… and then, just a moment ago, a fearless opening where the act of inquiry itself became the most compelling of answers. A shift where presence-in-act replaced concept, and was intimately plausible. It felt like a radical rewiring in logic. Nothing owned the shift. The movement was the answer, and the self. The question and the answer weren’t ever opposed.

The most striking part of this episode has been the plausibility. This isn’t some interesting mind trick or some ‘clever’ ‘skill'. It's a space with a different dimensional approach to active reasoning. It was the intimate disclosure of my location as myself. An uncommon yet perfect merging of time and space, perception and perceiver, well beyond fusion. And all so simple. So plausibly, truthfully, crystalline in simplicity.

Beyond just this. Simply. This.

No comments: