OK, so having walked around with that comment in my head all day, let me own being annoyingly flip.
I guess what needled me a bit was that I think it's easy for someone to read Genpo in that quote as identifying other people's experience of God as identical with Big Mind. Which might in some cases be accurate... but I'm puzzled why someone from a non-theistic tradition feels free to hold forth about what other people mean when they refer to God.
Of course, he was just saying "Some people call it God", so actually my entire story that I've unrolled there is my projection of my own nervousness onto his words. Some people probably do call it God...
2 comments:
... and some people call that narcissism ;)
OK, so having walked around with that comment in my head all day, let me own being annoyingly flip.
I guess what needled me a bit was that I think it's easy for someone to read Genpo in that quote as identifying other people's experience of God as identical with Big Mind. Which might in some cases be accurate... but I'm puzzled why someone from a non-theistic tradition feels free to hold forth about what other people mean when they refer to God.
Of course, he was just saying "Some people call it God", so actually my entire story that I've unrolled there is my projection of my own nervousness onto his words. Some people probably do call it God...
sheesh.
Post a Comment