Friday, October 14, 2011

To I No More

Hope disperses like
sand on a forgotten track
to some promised land.

This promise will hang
tight like a noose, starving the
air from real objects.

By inference alone
I am known. Speculated
on, over.. anon.

Earth ever loosens
under toe. My child is no
more. Our child no more.

And you would have me
consumed. On, over.. anon.
On inference alone.

I reach and I grasp.
Howls fractured at right angles.
Orthogonal hopes.

Shield eye with cupped hand,
I try for yours too. It is
all I know. Just this.

All inadequate.
All so embryonic. Just
fucking beyond me.

Gone, gone, gone beyond.
I look for you. I look for
all of us, once more.

No ancestors. No
guide. Crestfallen and breathless.
A brave chest - a lie.

Language won't save us,
where the sins of the father
demand my demise.

My child is no more.
We tread wrong geography
to stay side-by-side.

Every How? and Why?
I've ever known, not enough
to find home once more.

My grip tries to firm
the sand on this road. Wrestle
at nothing, but hope.

Disperses like death
of a child never known, and
father's sin misdrawn.

All of this echoes
in a room bare. Once mine, now
someone else in there.

I am but shadows,
on, over.. anon. Among
hard shoulders, cried on.

I shriek though voiceless.
What is better left unsaid?
Child, our child is dead.

Landscapes just language.
Your heart a map. Thresholds yield
Unvoiced stories. Trapped.

Gone, gone, gone beyond.
I look for you. I look for
all of us, once more.

Pistol pupils drawn.
I open toward. It is
all I know. Just this.

All inadequate.
All so embryonic. Just
fucking beyond me.

To the man who would
be king, I say only one
thing. Only one thing.

Though voiceless, I squeal
He is dead. She is dead. I
am no more to be.

And inference alone
is my fate. Speculated
on, over.. anon.

I stare into that
which turns men to stone. I see
hope and love (alone).

Still the promise hangs
tight like a noose, starving the
heir. My child is gone.

All karmas aside,
my end is near. The first, the
last. No-thing to fear.

No comments: