Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hereafter - Parallel Lions - Redux

THURSDAY, APRIL 22, 2010

Hereafter - Parallel Lions

Long day
into a long night
Someway
through my life
Found you,
cold street,
cold hands,
cold feet.
You were so pale,
so lost
and lonely.
You said
“Someday,
someone
is gonna want me”.

I tried to save your life,
but you’re always on the edge of it

And every little comfort I found in you,
I’m becoming less of myself it’s true.
I don’t want to stumble in your hereafter.
I ask about the places that you have been.
You tumble into silence, silence, silence.
.. and you,
talking isn’t something you do.

Long day
into long night.
Someway
through your life
You say,
“No way,
no one
could ever want me”

I tried to save your life,
but you’re always on the edge of it.

And every little comfort I found in you,
I’m becoming less of myself it’s true.
I don’t want to stumble in your hereafter.
I ask about the people that you’ve been seeing.
You tumble into silence, silence, silence.
… and you,
talking isn’t something you do.

We’re becoming less of ourselves it’s true.
You tumble into silence, silence, silence.
… and you, talking isn’t something you do.

http://www.thepresentparticiple.blogspot.com

No comments: