The Invitation Guidelines: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen authors (poets included) who have influenced you and that will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes. Tag at least 15 of your friends, including me, because I'm interested in seeing which authors you choose. To do this, go to your Notes tab on your profile page, paste the rules in a new note, cast your 15 picks and tag people in the note.
Ken Wilber – Changed my life more than any other.
Jon Kabat-Zinn – The father I think we all should have had.
Raewyn Connell –Profoundly opened my eyes to vision-logic, gender and politico-culture.
Henry David Thoreau – A romanticist of the same ilk as me.
Judith Pickering – Deepest understanding of mature love I’ve ever seen.
Carl Jung – Taught me to trust visionary experience, and my own soul.
Michael Washburn – Made legitimate my multifaceted consciousness and it’s volatility in the service of transcendence.
Walt Whitman – Just like Thoreau, we’re nature romanticists in the same way.
Chuck Palahniuk – Taught me how to turn a phrase.
Michel Foucault – Made me understand the value of a pomo and post-structural perspective (… and don’t give me the story about how he denied those titles).
Sigmund Freud – Without him, none of this would be.
Tara Bennett-Goleman – The only book I had for six months while I had a nervous breakdown in South America. I studied it from top to bottom, and it, in one sense, saved my life.
Aravind Adiga – The White Tiger made real the subtle tragedies of our contemporary condition.
Robert Bly – Taught me about the absent father.
Tim Rogers (presuming poetic lyricists can be included as poets) – The poet I wanted to be through my entire youth.
http://www.thepresentparticiple.blogspot.com
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment